Sub Saharan Turning Point was founded to identify and communicate the most critical areas of need in the region and raise the funds needed to create programs that will focus on providing solutions to these issues. We strive to help rebuild the “Walls” of Sub-Saharan communities .People of the Sub-Saharan have seen their personal defenses “crumble away” through war, and hunger. We believe we can help them overcome these problems through education and active participation by well meaning individuals with good heart and good intentions.
These are the hopes and dreams of the founder and president, Ben-el Onwuelezi who lives near Dallas in Texas. He is a licensed pharmacist by profession as well as an aspiring author. He has written and published 5 books (4 children) and a couple more in the pipelines. You can find his books on Amazon.com, search by author’s name. Some of the proceeds from book sales go towards supporting this organization.
Secretary, Nigerian Pharmacist Association in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas.
Ben-el is also a member of African Christian Fellowship in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas (South Region).A community that models integrity, excellence, and compassion to mobilize and empower Africans worldwide to impact their generations and Africa. The association was responsible for organizing, commissioning and building a clinic/hospital in Samuel town, Sierra Leone.
Our Focus Points Include:
- Dilapidated school buildings
- Leaking roofs
- Lack of desks, supplies, and uniforms
- Significant reduction in average life span and high infant mortality
- High blood pressure, diabetes, and renal failure
- Fight against malaria, dysentery, typhoid fever
- Education on Lassa fever and Ebola disease
- The Environment
- Rivers and Streams Pollution
- Littering of plastic bottles and bags
- Broken down vehicles and components along the roadways
- Reduction and elimination of hunger
- Assisting farmers with seeds and farm tools
- Food Bank Initiative